Today has been a very good day so far and here are just a few of the reasons why...
First off, to begin the day I woke up to a comment from the lovely Nellie at McCarthy Designs saying that she had left me a little something over at her blog and to my surprise she left me my very first blogging award! What a great way to start the day huh? I was so excited to see this!
I want to say a big THANK YOU to Nellie for passing this award on to me! Nellie has a beautiful blog and always posts such great things. I always love seeing what she's doing in her own home as well. Part of this award is to share seven things about myself and I think I'm going to take the route that Tina from Rubie's Place did with this one...
1. My favorite color: My favorite color often changes but for awhile now it has been the color yellow.
2. My favorite book: This is a tough one. I guess I'd have to say Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.
3. My favorite movie: Another tough one (can you tell how indecisive I am?), lets see...my two favorites; When Harry Met Sally and Freedom Writers.
4. My favorite actor: I can't lie, I love me some George Clooney.
5. My favorite actress: Right now it would probably be Katherine Heigl...I feel like we probably have very similar personalities.
6. My favorite food: Chips and queso!! (Does that even count as a food?)
7. My favorite place I've visited: I'd have to say either Colorado or Florida...I know they are both extremely different but I love the beauty in both.
The second thing that helped to make my day today was that my package from Anna at Lona de Anna came in all the way from Australia! Some of you may remember that a little while back I won a giveaway from the beautiful Anna; my prize was a gorgeous pair of handmade drop earrings made from Swarovski crystals and pearls. I was so surprised to see that Anna had also included another pair of beautiful blue earrings that will be just perfect for spring. Anna is such a sweetheart and if you haven't checked out her beautiful and inspirational blog yet, it is a definite must! My husband isn't home today, he's on one of his 24 hour shifts at the fire department, so I wasn't able to get a good picture of me wearing them but I will post one as soon as I can! Here are some pictures of my gorgeous prize...
My gorgeous Swarovski and pearl drop earring.
These are the gorgeous and very springy, blue drop earrings that Anna included as a little surprise. :) (Sorry if the picture is a little blurry, I didn't realize this until I uploaded it to my laptop and my camera battery had already died.)
And finally the sweet little note that came along with my package. Thank you so much again Anna! I love both pairs of my earrings so much and I cannot wait to wear them.
And finally, the last great part of today...spring has definitely sprung here in Texas! It seems as if the harsh, cold winter days are gone and the sunny, beautiful, and sometimes rainy days of Texas springs are here. I love the winter, I really do, but this one was especially cold and dreary and it's really great to see the sun again. The best sign of spring's arrival...
These beautiful flower and leaf buds that are appearing on the bare branches of the tree in my front yard! (Once again, sorry about the quality. This picture was taken on my phone.)
I am sorry for the rather long post today, and one that has nothing to do with decor at that but I just wanted to share the beauty of my day with all of blogging friends. I hope each and every one of you is having a great day as well...you deserve it! xx