Two weeks ago I gave you a tour of our living room…Today, we will be touring our kitchen. Once again it’s not perfect, but it’s functional. There is so much that I want to do to our kitchen, but kitchen re-do’s are often so expensive.
The kitchen has a small dining area in it and it looks straight into the dining room. For some reason I didn't take pictures of the little dining area, so I'll have to post those soon. The table that is in the kitchen dining area was purchased by my honey at Goodwill before we got married. The living room, dining room, and kitchen are very open and flow together.
Here are photos of how the kitchen looks now:
Isn’t that note from some of my kiddos at school just precious?I think this nook above the sink would be perfect for a shelf that could hold cookbooks, etc. I think this long space could be perfect for two barstools.
In the pictures I think it’s hard to tell what color the walls really are because the lighting varies so much in the pictures and in the room. The walls are a pretty dark gold-tan color…this same color is in the living room and the main hallway of the house.
Any big changes in the kitchen are pretty far off, because of the expense of kitchen renovations. Here are some changes that I’d like to someday make in the kitchen…some of them could happen semi soon while others are very, very far off:
- Paint the walls. I think the color is way too dark and too close to the color of the cabinets.
- Paint the cabinets. I’m aware that this is a pretty affordable change, but can I just admit that I’m not sure I’m up to that big of a project yet?
- Paint the kitchen table OR get rid of the table all together and add bar stools to the counter and some type of storage to the open space.
- Change the light fixture.
- Install hardware to cabinet doors and drawers.
- Install a shelf above the kitchen sink.
- Replace appliances for newer and more modern pieces.
- Put down ceramic tile.
- Install a backsplash. There are so many great options out there!
- Replace the current countertops…green countertops, really? When was that ever a good idea?
So, that's the kitchen and the second room on our home tour.
Any cheap or quick tips you might have to update our kitchen? x